Volunteer Delivery Driver
The Trust for Developing Communities (TDC)
Due to the continuing rise in referrals for food parcels we need more drivers to be available to deliver food parcels, particularly in the Bevendean and Moulsecoomb areas.
Volunteers will need to have their own car and have space for large boxes and bags.
Volunteer Drivers are asked to:
- Pick up boxed/bagged food from collection point.
- Deliver parcels directly to recipient's door.
- Follow a contactless delivery process for safety - drivers will need to ring the doorbell/knock, step back, ensuring a social distance, and wait for recipient to collect parcel.
Volunteers will receive a weekly email with an advance list of deliveries and any updates.
- Full and valid UK driving licence.
- Car insurance and valid road tax and MOT certificate.
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Opportunity to make a difference during a challenging time.
- Supporting your community.
- Personal well-being.
- Volunteer will need to have car and insurance.
- DBS checked.
- Car needs to have space for up to 10 parcels, (boxes and bags).
- Available on Wednesdays 11.30 - 2pm at the latest.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We need volunteer drivers to be available Wednesdays 11.30 am - 2 pm at the latest.|
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Petrol can be reimbursed if needed.
- Health and Safety
check in at hall
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
updates and advance list emailed to volunteers