Volunteer Digital Champion Role
Age UK West Sussex and Brighton & Hove
- Liaise with the Project Coordinator and Digital Outreach Worker to be matched with older people for whom the Volunteer Digital Champion is best placed to provide support (based on interests, skills and competencies and availability).
- Understand the specific needs and goals of the individual engaging with support, including their existing confidence and skills.
- Using pre-existing templates and resources, create personalised sessions plans for individual clients to support them to meet their goals.
- Deliver 1:1 support and group workshops with older people to develop their digital skills and confidence. 1:1 support sessions may be regular and ongoing depending on the needs of the individual. Sessions and workshops are delivered in community settings or remotely over the phone or video call, for example.
- Collect monitoring information from clients’ sessions and share with the Project Coordinator as applicable.
- Good digital skills.
- Confident using different devices, including smart phones and tablets, laptops, and smart speakers.
- Knowledge of various IT packages and a wide range of popular applications.
- Confident delivering both group and 1:1 activities with older people.
- Good teaching skills, including the ability to create impactful session plans based on the needs of the client and using pre-existing templates as guidance.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues promptly as they arise.
- The ability to organise session delivery to ensure that a client’s goals are met in a timely manner.
- Excellent time management skills to ensure that sessions are delivered within the agreed timeframe.
- Excellent communication skills and listening skills.
- Ability to relay information and instructions in a clear, accessible, relevant and personable way. Ability to maintain confidential communication where applicable.
- Reasonable expenses & DBS paid
- add to your CV and references given
- Be part of a new team.
Volunteers will be based at the office but there will be outreach work in the community as well.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||The role is live now|
Where does this role take place?
29-31 Prestonville Road
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities