Brighton Food Factory
We are looking for willing, friendly people (careful drivers) who can help deliver produce to our community cooks and food parcel organisations. The produce is largely vegetables, with some meat and also donated produce (pasta, flour, sauces etc).
Produce is sourced from farms and suppliers in Sussex in either a 3.5T or 2.2T refrigerated vehicle. Some bags and boxes can be quite heavy (up to 25kg) - we do have a trolley and usually recipients will also help.
Delivery and collection days are every weekday, but the role can be divided between different people so we can offer a flexible rota basis - morning or afternoon.
Our insurance only covers people over 25 with a licence valid in the UK over 1 year.
After deliveries, the van would need to be cleaned
We are recruiting for this role despite the COVID-19 emergency because it's important for our future. We would really like to hear from you if you're interested, even if it may not be practical for us to meet in person for some time. We could talk by phone or video link initially so you can find out more about the role and if it might be right for you.
Skills we are looking for:
- Careful driver who respects the veg!
- Attention to paperwork and deliveries
- Friendly and organised with packing.
- Great experience at customer service
- Helping fantastic groups in the community
- Training and expenses related to the work will be covered (by agreement!).
Our vans are parked either at Hollingdean Depot or Hangleton BN3.
The shifts are:
- 7am - 11am Monday
- 7am - 11am / 11am - 4pm Tuesday
- 7am - 11am / 11am - 4pm Wednesday
- 9am - 1pm Thursday
- 9am - 1pm Friday
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Shifts given in previous section - the job can be divided between different people if that is preferable.|
- Community Food
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)