Volunteer Driver - bulk food
You would be assisting the smooth running of a series of affordable food schemes across Brighton and Hove, by moving food in bulk from our various centres.
You would be involved in collecting food items and re-distributing them on a regular, weekly basis.
We would need this role to be carried out outside the hours of 1 to 4pm each day, to ensure food is picked up and dropped off outside our opening hours.
The items are either surplus from one store, being taken to another, or deliveries from our storage to a store location. These items would be bulk items, for instance heavy sacks of potatoes, or large quantities of tins.
- We would ask that you were able to be self sufficient, and be able to work without too much supervision, once you felt confident to do this.
- We would ask that you were responsible and trust worthy.
- We would expect you to be a confident and experienced driver.
- To join a friendly, dynamic team dedicated to reducing food poverty and food waste.
- To have access to training relevant to your role.
- All expenses paid.
- UK full driving licence.
- Access to a large vehicle - a van or a car with a substantial boot space.
- Available on a regular basis.
- Fit and healthy and able to shift and lift heavy loads.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We would need the applicant to be available regularly on specified days. We can be flexible, but ideally need help regularly.|
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities