Volunteer Driver Destitution Service
Voices in Exile
Welcome to Voices in Exile!
Voices in Exile is a registered charity that works with refugees, asylum seekers and vulnerable migrants with no recourse to public funds in Sussex and Surrey. We offer both practical and legal support including generalist advice and specialist immigration casework for those who would otherwise be unable to access justice. In these challenging times we are in need of food parcel delivery drivers to help us every Friday to our ever growing clients base.
To be able to volunteer with us you need to be able to fulfil ALL of the conditions below:
- Able to volunteer every Friday between 10 am and 2 pm
- Have your own vehicle (up to date insurance, MOT etc)
- Able to handle condfidential information
- Friendly, approachable and have empathy
- You are well and have no symptoms like a cough or high temperature and nobody in your household does
- You are under 70
- You are not pregnant
- You or someone in your household do not have any long-term health conditions that make you or a member of your household vulnerable to coronavirus.
You will also need to adhere to Voices in Exile COVID safety measures which you will receive upon successful recruitment, as part of your induction.
- Induction and Training provided
- Volunteer expenses paid
- Support and guidance throughout
- Reference (after minimum of 3 months volunteering).
You will need to have your own vehicle that is safe and up to date with it's MOT and insurance.
Parking outside our office is tricky but we will provide you with ID documention to ensure you will not receive a penalty when collecting food and delivering to clients.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Food deliveries are only on Friday so its vital you are available every Friday|
Where does this role take place?
Fitzherbert Centre, 36 Upper Bedford Street
- Black and Minority Ethnic Communities
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities