Volunteer driver for hiking group
We have an opportunity for someone to get involved with our walking group as a volunteer minibus driver. The group is for adults suffering with PTSD, stress, anxiety and depression. We collect the walkers from the center of town and then drive out to the Sussex Downs for a walk, returning after a few hours.
There is also the possibility to join the walk as a volunteer walk leader.
- Clean driving licence for at least 2 years
- Previous experience of driving a minibus a bonus
- Previous experience of working with adults with mental health issues also helpful but not essential
- Good work experience for someone looking to work around driving, exercise or mental health
- The walking group is fun
- Joining the group helps to promote healthy activity
- Good opportunity to meet a diverse range of new people and help those in crisis
- Will need to be able to get to Hollingbury to collect the minibus (buses 5 and 5B go to Hollingbury)
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Wednesdays from the middle of Spring to the middle of Autumn, starting at 10am and returning around 3pm|
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Suitable for a group of volunteers