Volunteer Facilitator for Gentle and Mindful Walking groups
West Sussex Mind
This role involves leading/co-facilitating a gentle walking group, including some “Mindful” elements. If you like getting out, walking, and engaging with the environment, this may be the role for you. Be empathic and non-judgmental to provide a safe space for our Service Users. To support and encourage West Sussex Mind Service Users to attend regularly, to initiate conversations and promote interaction amongst the Service Users. There will be opportunities to create your own routes from a variety of locations, initially, in Chichester and Bognor, eventually further afield.
Volunteering for up to 10 hours a month to research, risk assess, plan, and lead the walks:
- Lead/co-facilitate gentle walking groups citing the physical and mental health benefits.
- Research routes and places of interest.
- Support and encourage our Service Users to engage with the outdoors.
- Help us to signpost attendees to local clubs to improve their confidence in social skills.
- Keep a register of attendance & collect attendance subs (if relevant).
What we ask for
- That you are able to inspire and motivate people.
- That you are a confident communicator with good listening skills.
- Have an enthusiasm for working with people, enabling them to achieve personal goals and are committed to being part of the service on a regular basis.
- Have some experience or understanding of older people, and their likely physical and mental health needs and issues.
- Welcome you to West Sussex Mind with a package of training and information needed to carry out the role.
- You will meet new people, have the opportunity to learn new skills and take part in regular in-house training.
- We will check-in regularly to ensure you are enjoying your volunteering role.
We will reimburse pre-agreed expenses in line with West Sussex Mind’s policy.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Volunteering for up to 10 hours a month to research, risk assess, plan, and lead the walks|
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities