Volunteer Finance Officer
- General responsibility for all financial processes
- Monthly outgoings and expenditure reconciliation
- Monthly membership accounting (income, checking studio fees, queries)
- Liaison with nominated Accountant on submission of annual charity accounts
- Gift Aid processing (annual submission, declarations, liaison with HMRC)
- Donations processing (restricted income, acknowledgements, accounting)
- Oversight of online payments (online purchases, online donations, PayPal)
- Payment of supplier invoices
- Liaison with Studio Facilitators on membership processing
- Liaison with Studio Facilitators on the purchasing of equipment
- Ensuring gifted income is spent within specified restriction e.g. Trusts and Foundations , Grants
- Reimbursing volunteer expenses
- Management of petty cash
- Cash processing
- Liaise with Volunteer Coordinator on financial reporting at Trustee Meetings
- Attend periodic operations team meetings.
- Professional and trustworthy in the handling of money
- Interest in charity accounting
- Highly organised and process-driven
- An ability to communicate clearly complex processes with a range of colleagues and stake-holders
- An ability to multi-task and to meet to agreed deadlines
- An ability to implement effective administration systems
- An ability and commitment to work effectively in partnership with the Trustee board and other Artspace Brighton staff and volunteers
- An ability to communicate clearly and effectively; both verbally and in writing
- A willingness to explore and develop new opportunities and initiatives in a highly organised manner.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- A knowledge of relevant charity legislation and accounting practices
- Understanding and commitment to members' confidentiality
- Experience of book keeping and/or charity accounting in small charities
- Familiarity with basic accounting software/systems, ideally Xero.
- Contributing to a community based mental health project which is volunteer lead and run to help us keeping providing the service.
- Gaining knowledge, skills and experience.
- Learning about how small charities function.
and working with some great colleagues in an inclusive way!
The post-holder will need access to an internet-enabled device and most of the work can be undertaken from home. Once a quarter, the Volunteer Finance Officer will be required to attend a Trustee Meeting, usually hosted in central Brighton.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Most of the work can be completed in your own time with deadlines agreed with whoever sets the task/s.|
- Administration and Office
- Business Skills
- Computers, IT and Websites
- Fundraising and Finance
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities