SEDS (Sussex Ehlers-Danlos Syndromes)
We are a small, Community Interest Company with a very modest income. To keep up with the demand for our activities, we really need a volunteer who can help us raise funds from the public through community fundraising. Could this be you?
Sussex Ehlers-Danlos Syndromes and Hypermobility Disorders CIC (SEDS) is an award winning charitable social enterprise in Sussex. We advocate for awareness, actively supporting members who are chronically ill/disabled or who are carers, and we help save lives. Some of us have Ehlers-Danlos Syndromes (EDS) or symptomatic hypermobility ourselves. We are small, but very much in demand and we are growing across Sussex and beyond.
The main purpose of SEDS is:
- To offer support activities to improve physical and mental health for those suffering from EDS and hypermobility symptoms and their families/carers/friends.
- To raise awareness of EDS/HSD in Sussex.
- To advocate for us in the public and professional domains.
Your role will be to:
- Learn about SEDS.
- Come up with ideas for how we can raise funds - in cooperation with the rest of our team.
- Put those ideas into practice and raise money!
- Research how to raise funds and advise on local fundraising campaigns.
You don't need to have knowledge of EDS and Hypermobility, but you should have some fundraising knowledge, skills or experience.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Interested in a hands-on volunteer fundraising role for a Community Interest Group.
- Happy, motivated and focused to volunteer remotely from home.
- Happy to volunteer within a wider team.
- A creative thinker and able to come up with low-cost fundraising ideas.
- The opportunity to contribute to strengthening a community group which helps to improve the lives of people with EDS and Hypermobility.
- The chance to connect with new people in the local area from a wide range of backgrounds.
- Experience to strengthen your CV if that is relevant to you (although we only provide references if you have volunteered with us for at least six months).
You will carry out this role from home. You will therefore need a computer, phone and internet connection.
You will need to complete an NDA to fulfil this role.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||There is considerable flexibility in this role to organise your tasks around your own commitments. THIS IS AN ONGOING ROLE. YOU MUST BE ABLE TO COMMIT FOR AT LEAST SIX MONTHS AND IDEALLY LONGER.|
- Fundraising and Finance
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities