Volunteer Corporate Fundraising Researcher
Are you interested in identifying local businesses who could be looking to reach their sustainability goals through supporting regional tree planting and environmental projects for school and colleges?
Are you well organised with good written communication and researching skills and available to offer 6-8 hours per week working from home?
If yes, we'd like to hear from you!
Supporting one of the Directors in developing the awareness of Tree Action UK CIC for businesses in the Sussex region and achieving the aims of raising funds to support the development of tree planting and biodiversity projects for schools and colleges in the region.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To research and develop links with local businesses in the Sussex region.
- To offer Corporate Memberships to companies that support our work with schools and colleges.
- To assist in the development, management of the fundraising database.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Well organised and able to meet deadlines
- Experience of dealing with businesses and writing to external audiences
- Good IT skills and experienced with Microsoft Office
- High level of literacy and numeracy.
Desirable but not essential: -
- Knowledge of environment, arboriculture, trees.
- Corporate fundraising experience working with charities or NGO’s.
- Be part of an initiative to plant trees and develop environmental projects in schools and colleges in the region.
- Develop your learning of environmental and sustainability issues as well as an understanding of businesses attitudes towards their carbon footprint.
- The opportunity to ultimately make a difference to young peoples lives connecting them with environmental projects.
You will be working from home and will need your own IT equipment and access to Wi-Fi.
You will not be required to visit companies in person but may be given the opportunity to join meetings from time to time.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||When do I need to be available? One day per week or two half days per week, equivalent to between 6-8 hours. A regular schedule can be agreed to fit around your existing commitments.|
- Administration and Office
- Business Skills
- Fundraising and Finance
- Marketing and Media
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
We will be putting a policy in place in the next few months
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
We can provide some training in this case
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities