This volunteer opportunity is to support clients with disabilities and/or autism to grow food from seedlings in containers in an urban garden.
Volunteer would be working in partnership with the Project Leader to deliver information and support the clients.
Volunteer will participate in gardening sessions.
Produce will be used in a celebratory meal for all participants including the volunteer.
This opportunity is located in Shoreham-by-Sea.
- Gardening experience.
- Ability to work with people with disability and or autism would be helpful but not necessary.
- Communication and listening skills.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Flexible availability for the gardening sessions and visits to other projects.
- Reward of working with people with disabilities and seeing them progress.
- Volunteers will be able to take crops they grow for their own use.
- Well-being would be enhanced.
There will be some physical lifting involved e.g. compost.
There will be a time commitment to this project and a element of flexibility is essential.
Will need their own transport to get to the project. Travel expenses will be refunded.
DBS check will be required but paid for by the organisation.
Opportunity is located in Shoreham-by-Sea
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Times to be specified at a later date once funding is in place, ( between 2019-2021).|
Appropriate for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BME, Women only)
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Travel expenses refunded
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer