Volunteer Hall Assistant
Age UK West Sussex and Brighton & Hove
The main job role will be to assist in the café, taking orders for food, serving drinks and keeping the area clean and tidy at all times.
Other duties will consist of setting up the café area taking payments and clearing up at the end of the day.
DBS check will be needed and AUKWSBH will pay for that.
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexibility with a team approach.
- A genuine interest in people and empathy with older people.
- Ideally, although not essential, previous experience of working with people in a supportive/caring capacity
- A basic understanding of, and a willingness to learn about, keeping yourself and others safe while performing the role.
The opportunity to be involved with projects where your own ideas and input will be valued. The chance to make a contribution to Age UK West Sussex, Brighton & Hove’s work.
- Access to organisational resources.
- Free Training
- Travel Expenses.
- Professional Reference provided.
Flexible hours between 9am to 5pm
When do I need to be available?
Where does this role take place?
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities