Volunteer Hall Manager
Sompting Village Hall
Our Village Hall on West Road Sompting provides facilities for group meetings and local events for the residents of Lancing & Sompting. We are hoping to recruit a Volunteer Manager who is able to assist by giving us a few hours of his or her time each week to update our records.
Reservations for use of the hall are made on the Hallmaster/Wordpress booking system and the Manager is required to:
- Check the reservations,
- Obtain an invoice number from our Google system, issue the invoices and reconcile payments received against the monthly Bank statement. (The Chairperson checks the monthly Bank statement.)
- The Manager will also prepare annual accounts.
- Liaise throughout with the Chairperson and cleaner.
- Hand over and collect keys from casual hirers. (Regular hirers have their own keys.)
As the hall is a registered charity, the Manager will also become a Trustee.
- The role requires a person with computer literacy (a laptop is provided).The Trustees have recently arranged for a new website to be set up and this will shortly be running.
- An ability to do basic bookkeeping.
- Supporting this important and much loved community facility.
- Increased well-being - getting to know the local community.
- Being a member of a small team of friendly volunteers running the hall and charity.
- The Manager will be reimbursed for phone calls, paper and cartridges for the computer usage. In addition any reasonable expenses will be paid once approved by the Chairperson.
- The role is vital for the maintenance of a local village asset and the existing Manager, who wishes to retire from the role, is willing to give assistance in handing over the role. If the applicant requires any additional training, this can be given by the Hallmaster/Wordpress suppliers.
- The Village hall has its own car park, but provided the Volunteer lives in Sompting or nearby, and is prepared to have casual hirers call to his or her property to collect and return keys, there is no need to go to the hall.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||The Volunteer would need to check the reservations for the hall on a daily basis but could carry out the remainder of the tasks to suit his or herself.|
- Computers, IT and Websites
- Administration and Office
Working from home
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Expenses will be paid for necessary items as listed in the role description and for any other agreed expenses by the Chair.
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities
The present Manager will assist in training.