Volunteer Internal Auditor for Credit Union
Boom Credit Union!
Do you have financial and auditing skills? This is an opportunity to use your professional skills to help the local community.
West Sussex and Surrey Credit Union - Boom! benefits from a Supervisory Committee comprising four experienced professionals,(all volunteers), who seek to ensure compliance with relevant rules and regulations. The growth of the business means we are seeking a Volunteer Internal Auditor to help us to maintain and improve our organisation's governance, risk management and management controls. This will be achieved by providing insight and recommendations based on analysis and assessment of data and processes.
About West Sussex and Surrey Credit Union, trading as Boom!
Credit Unions are financial co-operatives run by members for the benefit of the community. We provide savings and loans to people who work or live within our "common bond" area which is West Sussex, Surrey and Kingston upon Thames. We currently have over 9,000 members and have provided more than 7,000 loans totalling more than £10m since opening our doors in 2012. Our Credit Union is growing steadily and is supported by a small team of salaried staff as well as a number of volunteers.:
The role is flexible and we are looking for someone with a comprehensive understanding of financial accounts and auditing together with an enquiring mind. Tasks will include:
- Establishing working relationships within the Credit Union.
- Gather, analyse and evaluate facts, data and other information.
- Prepare reports using relevant software such as Excel and Word.
What skills or experience are needed for this opportunity?
- Relevant financial, auditing or accountancy qualifications.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised to gather, analyse and evaluate facts, data and other information with a high degree of accuracy.
- Objective and analytical thinking, coupled with sound judgement.
- Ability to prepare reports using relevant software, such as Excel and Word.
- Comprehensive understanding of financial accounts and auditing knowledge of internal office systems.
- Enthusiasm for the core values of Credit Union.
- Great personal satisfaction that you are helping your local community.
- Enjoying helping the Credit Union to grow so that it may help even more people in the future.
- Putting your professional skills to good use and keeping them upto speed.
- This opportunity is ideal for volunteering from home, subject to suitable internet connectivity, although regular visits to the office in Worthing will be required.
- The main office is in Central Worthing, where most of our records are kept.
- Volunteering from home will be subject to suitable security checks.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||The role is very flexible and does not mean a fixed commitment each week. Whilst impossible to be precise, we estimate approximately 4-5 hours a week, or, say 20 hours each month.|
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
Support on Offer
A supervisory committee, (all volunteers) monitor and guide the internal audit process.