Volunteer IT Support Assistant – West Sussex North, South and East
Citizens Advice in West Sussex (North, South, East)
We are looking for volunteers to help provide our service in your local community. Do you have spare time to offer your skills to support our organisation with IT asset registration and project research?
This role will be assisting our Head of Business and Support.
As an IT Support Assistant, you will:
- Assign phones and IT equipment to staff member, setting up tablets and lap tops at our offices and outreach locations
- Support and coach our workforce with frequently asked IT questions/ software’s and databases
- Produce training manuals and videos, upload and post content to SharePoint/ website
- Support with wider IT projects, trialing out software and hardware.
As an IT Support Assistant, you need to:
- Have experience and good skills of working with IT equipment and Microsoft Office.
- Have good organisational skills, attention to details and ability to research.
- Good communication skills to maintain liaison with managers, other staff
members and volunteers across the organisation.
All our volunteers get something different from their volunteering experience. Some of the benefits include:
- Making a real difference to people's lives - including helping them deal with the additional worry and pressures created by COVID-19.
- The chance to connect with new people and learn a lot about the community you live in.
- Being part of a friendly and enthusiastic team of volunteers and staff with a shared purpose.
- Training, development and experience to help strengthen your CV.
- You will be working both from home and in our offices/outreaches to assist with IT equipment in our different locations around West Sussex.
- You will need your own transport and we will reimburse travel expenses,
- You need to live locally to one of our office. ( Please find details of our locations on our website https://www.advicewestsussex.org.uk/
- You will need your own IT equipment and access to Wi-Fi for our training that we provide digitally.
- We ask our IT Support Assistant to volunteer for at least 1 day a week, this can be split over 2 half days.
We pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce and welcome applications
from people with all ranges of abilities for the skills that they bring.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We ask our IT Support Assistant to volunteer for at least 1 day a week, this can be split over 2 half days.|
Where does this role take place?
- Computers, IT and Websites
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer