Volunteer Lunch Club Cook
Brighton Bevendean Salvation Army
We are looking to restart our weekly Lunch and Friendship Club asap, after Covid shut-down, but urgently need a new cook (& kitchen assistant)
You’ll need to be a confident cook, who can work within a budget to plan (liaising with the Community programme worker), cook and serve up quality basic hot meals to around 20-30 people, every week - in accordance with safety and hygiene regulations.
(We are also looking for a volunteer to assist - but one/two lunch club members do like to help prepare vegetables.)
Tuesday 10am - 1pm
We will need references and to arrange for DBS checks.
This is a lovely opportunity to make a huge difference to elderly & isolated.
- Food Hygiene certificate (at least level 2, but preferably level 3 (however training can be provided)
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Understanding of and empathy with older people
- Reliability and trustworthiness
- Good Communication Skills
- Serving Community
- Work experience
Parking available on street,
No48 bus stop immediately outside premises
When do I need to be available?
Where does this role take place?
- Cooking and Catering
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities