Volunteer Macmillan Project Administrator – Worthing
Citizens Advice in West Sussex (North, South, East)
We are looking for volunteers to help provide our service in your local community. Do you have spare time to offer support to our case working team to deliver specialist advice by providing client service and screening incoming cases?
This role will give you excellent opportunity to progress further to become a volunteer adviser.
As a Macmillan project Administrator, you will:
- Provide a point of contact and initial support and advice for clients
- Asses client’s needs and triage referrals according to available emergency funds
- Build and accurate, factual and clear client profile , record case records in our database
- Ensure case management systems are up to date
- Undertake and complete training identified to meet the competency of
As a Macmillan project Administrator, you need to:
- Have natural ability to care and empathise and understanding of working with vulnerable client group from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Be able to assess client’s needs and listen actively to understand their issue and appropriate next steps for signposting.
- Excellent communication skills both in writing and verbally
- Excellent organisation skills, with attention to detail.
- Excellent IT skills, able to independently use a range of applications,
software and Microsoft office.
All our volunteers get something different from their volunteering experience. Some of the benefits include:
- Making a real difference to people's lives - including helping them deal with the additional worry and pressures created by COVID-19.
- The chance to connect with new people and learn a lot about the community you live in.
- Being part of a friendly and enthusiastic team of volunteers and staff with a shared purpose.
- Training, development and experience to help strengthen your CV.
- You may need to work from home and/or from our Worthing office, supported by our case working team.
- You will need your own IT equipment and access to Wi-Fi for digital training.
- There will also be training on the job by specialist staff members.
- We ask our Macmillan Project Administrator to volunteer for at least 1 day a week, this may be split into half days.
- This is a long term volunteer role that requires a minimum of 12 month commitment.
We pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce and welcome all applications from people with all range of abilities for the skills that they bring.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We ask our Macmillan Project Administrator to volunteer for at least 1 day a week, this may be split into half days. This is a long term volunteer role that requires a minimum of 12 month commitment.|
Where does this role take place?
- Health and Social Care
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer