Volunteer meal delivery driver
Be part of a team driving and delivering meals to ex-rough sleepers living in emergency accommodation in Brighton & Hove.
- Not experiencing symptoms of Coronavirus
- Not experiencing symptoms of a cold
- Not be living with someone who is shielding or is classed as high risk
- Aged 18 or over
- Able to lift and carry boxes and bags full of food and load into your car
- Full clean driving licence
- Your own vehicle + vehicle insurance
Other skills we need:
- Flexibility – duties may change slightly
- Ability to listen and follow instructions
- Ability to demonstrate an inclusive and non-judgemental attitude
- Patience and ability to engage with others
- Ability to uphold and respect The Passage policies and procedures.
- Be part of a team delivering food to some of our city's most vulnerable neighbours
- Join us for our volunteer get together in September
- You can claim a contribution towards your travel costs.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Driving shifts are Morning 9:30-11:30 from Holland Road Baptist Church and Afternoon 3:30-5:30 from the Brighton Centre. 7 days per week.|
Where does this role take place?
Brighton and Hove
- Homeless and Housing
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Able to claim a contribution
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities