Volunteer Minute Taker/Secretary
Broadwater Community Association
Volunteer Opportunity in the Broadwater area of Worthing. Do you have secretarial or note taking skills and have some time to spare?
Broadwater Community Association is a registered charity running the Parish Rooms in Broadwater Street West, the hub of village life. This is where local people get together to hold community events, celebrations, functions, quizzes and much more. We rely on volunteers offering their time and expertise in helping to run events and join the Committee, and we are now looking for a volunteer minute taker or secretary. Can you help?
What does the role involve?
This role involves mainly taking minutes at our monthly meetings, typing up the minutes and distributing. Minutes can be taken by hand or directly into word document. Depending on how the notes are taken the volunteer will need to tidy up into full notes and convert into a document for distribution.
Depending on the volunteer, other admin/secretarial tasks can be taken on.
- Experience in minute taking.
- Good listening skills.
- Good written communication skills.
- Able to take good quality minutes.
- Competent IT skills, particularly in word processing.
- Secretarial/Admin skills desirable but not necessary.
- Interest in minute taking.
- Great opportunity to get involved with your local community and meet new people.
- You will be helping to sustain a thriving community spirit.
- Gaining experience for your CV, if that is of interest.
- Live fairly local to Broadwater area of Worthing.
- Able to attend the monthly meetings in Broadwater Parish Rooms.
- Access to a computer.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||The Committee meets in the Parish Rooms the 3rd Thursday of the month, in the evening. Estimated time involvement - 2.5 hrs at the monthly meetings and approximately 2 hrs for correlating and typing up minutes.|
Where does this role take place?
The Parish Rooms
90 Broadwater Street
- Civic Responsibility and Communities
- Administration and Office
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Reimbursement of expenses within reason
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
Support on Offer
Successful applicant supported until bedded into Committee.
- This role is adaptable for different abilities