Volunteer Photographer or Film Maker
Our marketing and communication department are looking for volunteer photographers and film makers to join their team!
We rely on the generosity of local supporters, donors and volunteers to help us raise the vital funds we need to provide free end of life care to our community.
This role will support us in extending our reach to these individuals, helping us to promote events, celebrate our supporters amazing fundraising efforts and encouraging people to volunteer with us.
This role is the perfect opportunity for a freelance professional wanting to give back to their local community or students studying photography or film looking to develop their skills.
What will I be doing?
- Attending events and capturing it through photography or film
- Interviewing volunteers or staff members about their roles (vox pop style)
- Updating our photography library with fresh, up to date images of all our locations
- Obtaining consent for all photographs/recordings taken.
- Competent photographer and/or film maker – with own camera and equipment
- If filming events, you will need to have access to your own editing software
- You’ll be independent but able to follow instructions
- You’ll like meeting people and be confident in asking them questions
- You’ll need to be approachable and willing to do small vox-pop style interviews if filming
- You will need to be sensitive to the nature of Martlets work and that people you meet may be terminally ill or recently bereaved
- Fabulous opportunity to develop your skills with an amazing local charity
- To be part of our brilliant Marketing and Communications teams
- To be involved in exciting community projects
This role may be based at locations throughout the city and may require volunteering at the weekend or evenings.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Ad hoc but approximately once a week for a couple of hours|
- Health and Social Care
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities