Volunteer Fitness Instructor
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
We are looking for a qualified fitness instructor or sports coach to lead ward based exercise sessions.
The volunteer will co-facilitate the group alongside their OT team supervisor. The supervisor will be responsible overall for the group allowing the volunteer to focus on and lead the activity. It would be beneficial if there could be 1:1 sessions with clients with supervision from the OT.
As a volunteer instructor you will be responsible for providing graded instruction taking into account feedback from the OT team supervisor and residents, especially in regards to any physical limitations a person may have. You will be expected to be able to accommodate a range of physical ability.
The volunteer instructor will need to be able to communicate clearly and encouragingly to participants in the session and may be asked to help encourage participation beforehand.
- Aged 18 or over
- Able to commit reliably to at least 2 hours a week for a minimum of six months
- A commitment to improve the patient’s experience of their time in the community ward
- Well presented, with a friendly and approachable manner and good verbal communication skills
- An ability to relate well to people on a one to one basis and be sympathetic to others’ situations
- An ability to be patient and calm even in the face of difficult situations
- An ability to act on own initiative within the role description
- A willingness to be flexible and to follow the guidance of a placement supervisor
- A commitment to the trust’s equal opportunities and diversity policies
- A willingness to abide by the Sussex Partnership volunteer guidelines, including rules on confidentiality, health and safety, safeguarding adults and children and manual handling
- To be willing to receive training any areas as appropriate to the volunteer role
- Qualification in fitness instruction and personal training or sports coaching. Experience of teaching outside of training for qualification not essential.
No. 1 bus goes nearby along New Church Road.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Able to commit reliably to at least 2 hours a week for a minimum of six months|
Where does this role take place?
Rutland Gardens - Community Wards,
5 - 7 Rutland Gardens