Volunteer Reception and admin cover
THE AS YOU ARE CENTRE
As You Are counselling are looking for volunteers to run their busy reception at their base in Southwick. As first point of contact for our clients you will play an integral role in the organisation. You will work alongside our professional team to provide a warm, welcoming and safe environment. We are looking for friendly individuals who are able to offer empathic understanding and able to use active listening skills. This is great opportunity for anyone keen to promote positive mental wellbeing. This role involves booking clients for assessment, supporting the counsellors, cashing up and answering the phones.
Some useful skills would be:
- Awareness and respect for confidential setting
- Confident on telephone
- Computer literate (not necessarily a whizz, but helps to have some computer knowledge) – that comes with any possible office based skills
- Eye for detail
- common sense
We provide support and guidance for all our volunteers so we can help you develop your skills.
- We value all our volunteers and we are keen to provide a supportive environment
- It's a great role to develop professional skills.
- Volunteers can access our varied training programmes including, mental health well-being, suicide prevention, Safeguarding and working with self-injury.
- Be an integral part of a friendly and professional team.
We have a fully accessible building on main bus and train routes from Brighton, Hove, Lancing and Worthing. Free onsite parking.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We ask reception volunteers to be on site to welcome the team and clients from around 5.30 until 9pm. Around 3.5 hours each week.|
Where does this role take place?
45 Southwick Street,
- Black and Minority Ethnic Communities
- Crime, Victims and Offenders
- Employment, Education and Training
- Administration and Office
- Advice and Information
- Computers, IT and Websites
- Cooking and Catering
- First Aid
Fully accessible building
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
We provide induction by opportunity to shadow sessions.
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer