Volunteer Recruitment Lead (In-Patient Unit)
Our In-Patient Unit is supported by a team of dedicated volunteers who perform a variety of duties to assist our busy Martlets teams. These volunteers roles include, receptionists, flower arrangers, pets as therapy visitors and refreshment servers. As a Volunteer In-Patient Recruitment Lead you will be supporting us to recruit new volunteers.
What will I be doing?
•Responding to requests for new volunteers
•Ensuring recruitment process is followed
•Ensuring volunteers receive an informative and welcoming induction
•Arranging taster sessions
•Progressing our applicants through to confirmed volunteering placements
•Working closely with the existing volunteer teams to get feedback and to coordinate work
•Talking and emailing candidates to keep in touch and help progress each candidate
We are looking for someone who is confident, professional and understands recruitment processes:
- Has a friendly and welcoming demeanor
- Has experience of interviewing
- Has excellent communication skills and talk confidently and with clarity
- Manages expectations of managers and candidates
- Works well with support to ensure volunteering clearances are achieved within timeframe
• Serving a charity to deliver a great service to our patients, carers, supporting staff
• Being part of a small friendly team presenting the face of Martlets
• Valuable work experience in a hospice environment
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We are looking for someone to give between 8 - 16 hours per week. The days and times are flexible but would usually involve 1 regular session each week.|
Where does this role take place?
- Administration and Office
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer