Volunteer Research & Campaigns Team Lead Support – Remote
Citizens Advice in West Sussex (North, South, East)
We are looking for volunteers to help provide our service in your local community. Do you have spare time to offer your leadership and research skills to support our current Volunteer R&C lead and carry out research in specific identified areas and leading on such R&C projects?
We aim to create high impact and influential campaigns based upon research to benefit residents of West Sussex.
As a Research & Campaigns Team Lead Support, you will:
- Review of evidence on a regular basis to identify trends in client key issues
- Support in preparing briefings for external audience based on R&C work
- Identify opportunities for local actions to present to the R&C team
- Pursue opportunities for partnership working with other organisation
- Assist in the induction and training of new R&C recruits
- Support the senior management team in achieving the R&C aims of CAWS.
As a Research & Campaigns Team Lead Support, you need to:
- A strong sense of justice and an understanding of key current social issues and their potential impact on our clients.
- Some experience of managing projects and leadership skills.
- Ability to analyze complex information, report running and writing.
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Good IT skills and a good level of written and spoken English.
- Ability to provide clear , constructive feedback to other team members.
All our volunteers get something different from their volunteering experience. Some of the benefits include:
- Making a real difference to people's lives - including helping them deal with the additional worry and pressures created by COVID-19.
- The chance to connect with new people and learn a lot about the community you live in.
- Being part of a friendly and enthusiastic team of volunteers and staff with a shared purpose.
- Training, development and experience to help strengthen your CV.
- You will be working from home, supported by a Supervisor and R&C Lead over digital channels.
- You will need your own IT equipment and access to Wi-Fi.
- We provide digital training and ask you to be pro-active when elements of these are self-learning.
- We ask our Volunteer Research and Campaign Team Lead Support to volunteer for at least 12 hours a week. This can be split.
We pride ourselves on having a
diverse workforce and welcome all applications from people with all range of
abilities for the skills that they bring.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We ask our Volunteer Research and Campaign Team Lead Support to volunteer for at least 12 hours a week. This can be split.|
- Civic Responsibility and Communities
- Crime, Victims and Offenders
- Health and Social Care
- Homeless and Housing
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer