Volunteer Retail Assistant - Lancing
The Salvation Army, Worthing
We are looking for friendly and reliable volunteers to work in our charity shops, helping the retail team to raise funds in support of our work within the Worthing community.
Summary of tasks:
- Processing donated stock
- Pricing donated stock
- Selling goods
- Visual Merchandising
- Cleaning and tidying the shop
Personal qualities / skills / experience needed:
- A friendly disposition and a 'can - do' attitude
- A commitment to safeguarding and the protection of vulnerable children / adults, with a willingness to raise concerns where necessary
- No previous retail experience is needed as full training will be provided at shop level
- Retail training and experience
- Working in a friendly team
This opportunity is suitable for those aged 18 +
Some manual handling will be involved.
Our shop currently opens 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. Monday to Saturday.
A variety of shifts are available; the time commitment is flexible and can be agreed with the Retail Manager.
Route 700 buses are within 2 minute walk.
When do I need to be available?
Where does this role take place?
154 South St
- Civic Responsibility and Communities
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer