Volunteer Retail Assistant - London Road
Our Martlets stores sell everything from fabulous fashion to vinyl, homeware, books and children’s toys. Each store is different but they all play a vital role in raising funds for our Hospice so we can continue to provide our life-changing care to the local community.
Where: We have 8 shops across Brighton and Hove and the surrounding areas.
Usual minimum commitment: 4 hour weekly morning or afternoon session.
What you’ll be doing:
Assisting the Manager with the ongoing smooth running of the shop by:
- Preparing stock ready for resale
- Refilling and creating displays throughout shops and in windows
- Cleaning counters, clothes rails & dusting of stock
- Serving customers, using cash register, accepting donations
- Signing up new Gift Aid donors.
Your skills and abilities:
- Friendly manner – good with people
- Retail experience is always welcomed but not essential as training will be given
- An interest in clothing, books, records, fashion is also welcomed.
What’s in it for you:
- Joining a new team at the start of an exciting new retail venture
- Valuable work experience
- Develop skills in stock ordering, visual merchandise, customer service
- Dealing with the public
- Changing lives through your volunteering
- Reasonable travel expenses will be paid to help you access volunteering
You may be required to stand for long periods – please let us know if you have mobility problems
When do I need to be available?
Where does this role take place?
89-90 London Road
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Support on Offer