Volunteer Retail Assistant - Worthing
The Salvation Army, Worthing
We are looking for friendly and reliable volunteers to work in our charity shop, helping the retail team to raise funds in support of our work within the Worthing community.
Summary of tasks:
- Processing donated stock
- Pricing donated stock
- Selling goods
- Visual Merchandising
- Cleaning and tidying the shop
Personal qualities / skills / experience needed:
- A friendly disposition and a 'can - do ' attitude
- A commitment to safeguarding and the protection of vulnerable children / adults, with a willingness to raise concerns where necessary
- No previous retail experience is needed as full training will be provided at shop level
- retail training and experience
- working in a friendly team
This role would suit those aged 18 years +
Some manual handling will be required.
Our shop currently opens 9 a.m. - 4 p.m., Monday to Saturday.
A variety of shifts are available; the time commitment is flexible and can be agreed with the Retail Manager.
Bus route 700 is within 2 minutes walk.
When do I need to be available?
Where does this role take place?
1-3 Rowlands Road
- Civic Responsibility and Communities
- Fundraising and Finance
- General Helping
- Supporting Charities
- Supporting People and Befriending
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Appropriate for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BME, Women only)
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer