Volunteer Running Group Leader (Worthing)
West Sussex Mind
This role involves coaching a running group for beginners, based on couch to 5k or similar program. Supporting and encouraging West Sussex Mind Service Users to take up running, coaching them to complete a 12 week program. This is part of a partnership with National Mind and Asics and participants in the first programme will get a voucher for free running shoes half way through the programme.
- Have the Leadership in Running Fitness Qualification or willing to undertake this training (West Sussex Mind will cover the costs and we will also be employing a running coach to support the first 12 week course while undertaking the qualification).
- Have basic first aid training or be willing to undertake this training (West Sussex Mind will cover the costs).
- That you are able to inspire and motivate people.
- That you are a confident communicator with good listening skills.
- Have an enthusiasm for working with people, enabling them to achieve personal goals and are committed to being part of the service on a regular basis.
- Understanding or lived experience of mental health needs desirable, this is not essential for the role.
- Welcome you to West Sussex Mind with a package of training and information needed to carry out the role.
- You will meet new people, have the opportunity to learn new skills and take part in regular in-house training (also the opportunity to gain the leadership in running qualification mentioned above).
- We will check-in regularly to ensure you are enjoying your volunteering role.
We will reimburse pre-agreed expenses in line with West Sussex Mind’s policy.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Minimum of two hours a week|
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities