Volunteer Schools Engagement Officer
Are you interested in getting involved with a new social enterprise that supports regional tree planting and environmental projects for schools, colleges and the community in the Sussex region and potentially beyond?
Do you have experience providing a service to, or dealing with schools and colleges?
Are you well organised, with good research skills?
Are you able to commit 1-2 days a week?
Supporting and developing the awareness of Tree Action in the Sussex region in our outreach programme to schools and colleges.
We are seeking to grow within Sussex, increasing our involvement in schools and college projects, hiring more hands on directors and volunteer roles.
- To identify schools and colleges in the region that have suitable spaces for trees and need support to get projects implemented.
- To be involved in the relationships already established with schools projects and share knowledge.
- To initiate discussions and help secure new projects.
- Experience of working on projects with schools , ideally environmental e.g. Forest School.
- Experience of initiating and developing external relationships.
- Some understanding of digital marketing techniques.
- Used to working as part of a team and managing to deadlines.
Skills and Attributes:
- A team player
- Good communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- An interest in engaging young people and the disadvantaged in tree planting and biodiversity projects.
- Be part of an initiative to plant trees and develop environmental projects in schools and colleges in the region.
- Develop your learning of environmental and sustainability issues.
- The opportunity to ultimately make a difference to young peoples lives connecting them with environmental projects.
You will be working from home and will need your own IT equipment and access to Wi-Fi.
You may be needed to visit schools in relation to agreed projects from time to time e.g. to help plant trees.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||When do I need to be available? One day per week or two half days per week, equivalent to between 6-8 hours. A regular schedule can be agreed to fit around your existing commitments.|
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
We are currently drafting
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities