Volunteer Shop Assistants - Lyons Farm, Worthing
St Barnabas Hospices
Do you have a few spare hours on any day of the week to help us in our new charity shop at Lyons Farm Worthing?
St Barnabas House is an independent charitable hospice in Worthing. We provide end of life care services, both at the hospice and in the local community, to adults with advanced progressive life-limiting conditions.
If you are passionate about helping to make a difference through giving your time, enjoy interacting with customers and can identify good quality clothes and items, then why not volunteer at our brand new charity shop at Lyons Farm?
The role will involve:
- Serving customers and using the computerised till to take payments for purchases.
- Sorting donated stock, clothing and bric-a-brac.
- Recording donor details for gift-aid.
- Using an iron or hand press appliance on donated clothes.
- Assisting the shop manager with any other task to keep the shop running efficiently.
The new shop is due to open on Monday 12 April and there will be various shifts available.
Opening times: Monday to Saturday 9am-6pm & Sunday 10am-4pm
You don't need to have worked in a shop before. We are looking for people who enjoy talking to people and who can identify good quality clothes and other items.
- Gain retail experience, and learn new skills.
- Make new friends and be part of a friendly team making a difference.
- Gain experience that may lead to employment.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||There are various shifts available throughout the week and weekend.|
Where does this role take place?