Volunteering Matters - LifeLines
To provide a weekly shopping service for someone who needs this support due to shielding or otherwise finding it difficult to get to the shops. In this role, you will call the person you are supporting to get their list, do the shopping and bring it to their doorstep (maintaining appropriate social distancing and precautions).
- Deciding upon a mutually agreeable time to do the shopping and sticking to this each week. Contacting the Volunteer Manager in the case that something happens to disrupt this.
- Conducting your shopping and delivery of shopping safely and efficiently, minimising the exposure to risk to yourself and the person you shop for.
- Double-checking that you have bought all of the items on your shoppee’s list (or suitable alternatives) and photographing receipts to be emailed to the Volunteer Manager.
⦁ Being aware of any safeguarding issues that might arise and reporting these back if you have any concerns.
- An interest in working with older people
- Good levels of self-organisation and reliability
- A commitment to and understanding of health and safety and minimising risk (especially in relation to COVID-19) .
- We will provide you with an induction and full training for the role
- Opportunities to meet and socialise with other volunteers
- We will pay reasonable expenses including mileage costs.
- Full, clean, driving licence and access to a car (that you are insured on) required.
- You must be able to pay for the shopping in advance as you will be reimbursed after you have shopped (shopping is limited to a maximum of £30 per shop for a single person and £45 for a household of more than one).
- Able to shop for at least one beneficiary per week.
- Able to commit to volunteering for a period of at least 3 months.
- Two professional references.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Shopping should take place between 10am and 4pm, Monday to Friday|
- Older People
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities