Tools with a Mission
The role of the TWAM speaker is to talk to groups in your local community leaving them with the challenge to support TWAM through tool collections, financial provision or by volunteering. The groups you speak to will be diverse in nature and could include churches, schools, Rotary Clubs, and many others.
The role is available throughout England, Wales and Scotland as we seek to grow our speaker network. You will be collecting in your general geographical area but how far you go is up to you as you are free to accept or decline talk requests as you wish.
Typical Tasks may include:
- Taking calls and emails from members of the public and arranging talk engagements
- Preparing a presentation and ensuring you have sufficient supplies of all literature you may need
- Carrying out the talk, leaving groups with the challenge to support TWAM
- Passing on any donations made by the group to Head Office for thank you letters to be prepared
If tools have been provided, arrange for the local collector or TWAM van to pick up from you or follow up in a few weeks and arrange pick up if a collection is being made.
You need to have a friendly and welcoming personality as you will be the face of TWAM to members of the Public. You need to be willing to travel a little as at present our speaker coverage does not cover all areas of the UK. You need to be happy to be out front and to enjoy public speaking being able to deliver a talk or a sermon with passion. Ideally you will be familiar with Powerpoint and modern media methods as these will be expected by many groups.
- you will gain a warm satisfaction at the difference you are making to peoples lives.
- You will also have opportunities if you wish to learn new skills.
- We will provide a reference if required for a future employer or other organisation
As speaking engagements can be over a wide area, you will ideally drive and have, or have access to a vehicle
When do I need to be available?
|Details||The role will be needed for the dates and times the group is looking for so could be daytime, evening or weekends, although there may be some flexibility and the volunteer does not have to accept a speaking engagement.|
would be suitable for people with some physical disabilities
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Appropriate for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BME, Women only)
We would only ask a Christian speaker to speak to a Faith Group
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer