Volunteer Tech Tutor
Volunteering Matters - LifeLines
To provide a weekly support session to a ‘Tech Trainee’. Initially these sessions will be held remotely but ideally, once safe to do so, they could also be run on a face-to-face basis. The trainee will have a tablet provided by Lifelines or their own equipment and your role will be to help them get used to the basic functions, learning to do things like search the internet; set up and connect to a video call; play social games online, or use internet shopping services.
- Agreeing a rough ‘action plan’ of what the Tech Trainee might like to learn and supporting them to achieve these goals.
- Scheduling and carrying out a weekly support session, initially by phone.
- Recording the details of your sessions in a weekly log for the trainee to look back on at the end of the course.
- Being aware of any safeguarding issues that might arise and reporting these back if you have any concerns.
- An interest in working with older people.
- Confidence in using technology including android tablets (you do not need to be an expert but should be confident in looking up how to do things that might be new to you). We will also provide you with support and suggestions.
- Good levels of self-organisation and reliability.
- We will provide you with full training for the role.
- Opportunities to meet and
socialise with other volunteers.
- The opportunity to use your skills and experience to improve the lives of others.
- Able to give at least half an hour of time per week
- Able to commit to volunteering for a period of at least 3 months
- You must have a phone with a call plan which includes both local landlines and mobile numbers
- Two professional references.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Phone calls to take place between 10am and 4pm, Monday to Friday. We will allow you to arrange timings with the participant, within the limits of your and their availability.|
- Computers, IT and Websites
- Practical Skills
- Supporting People and Befriending
- Teaching and Training
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities