Volunteer Tool Collector
Tools with a Mission
The role of the collector is to respond to requests from members of the public to collect tools they have to donate and to store them for the TWAM van to collect. The role is available throughout England, Wales and Scotland. We will normally ask you to collect with a maximum 25 mile radius from your home (although you can request a smaller area) and requests are matched based on postcodes.
Some of the things you may be doing include:
- Taking calls and emails from members of the public and arranging collection times
- Driving to collect tools from people and bringing them back to your storage area
- Arranging collections from the TWAM vans.
You need to have a friendly and welcoming personality as you will be the face of TWAM to members of the Public. You need to enjoy driving and be happy to travel reasonable distances. You need to be reasonably physically fit as the loads of tools can be heavy. You need to have organisational skills to ensure that you check emails regularly and respond to these and telephone requests and to sort out your schedule around any other commitments you have.
- From the role, you will gain a warm satisfaction at the difference you are making to peoples lives.
- You will also have opportunities if you wish to learn new skills.
- We will provide a reference if required for a future employer or other organisation.
This role would need a minimum age of 18 years old. There is no maximum limit.
You need to be able to drive on a full UK Driving Licence
Some criminal convictions may debar you from this role due to the fact you will be meeting members of the public and potentially juveniles. Each case is considered on its merits.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||There is considerable flexibility in this role time wise as collections can be made at any time which is agreed between the volunteer and the donor.|
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities