Citizens Advice Brighton and Hove
Application deadline for this role is Wednesday 17 August, 2022.
Purpose of Role :
- To support a group of volunteer advisors through training
Main Duties and Responsibilities include :
- To provide training to a group of volunteer advisors in areas such as interview skills, providing advice on benefits, housing, employment and more.
- To be able to support a team of learners
- To have a good level of literacy and numeracy.
- To be computer literate
- To be open minded, enjoy helping people and show respect for views, values and cultures that are different to our own.
- To have an understanding of why confidentiality is important.
- To demonstrate a positive attitude to self development and assessment.
- To be able to work as part of a team and be flexible and adaptable.
- To be able to recognise their own limits and boundaries in the role.
- To support the principles and values of Citizens Advice.
- To be able to communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
- Willingness to attend training and other meetings.
- Make a real difference to people’s lives by volunteering with a charity that supports people across the city, making a positive impact on your community
- Learn about a range of issues such as benefits, debt, employment and housing.
- Build on valuable skills such as leadership, communication, listening and questioning.
- Increase your employability.
- Work with a range of different people, independently and in a team.
- And we’ll reimburse expenses too.
- Our offices are accessible and in a central Hove location on bus routes.
- We are operating with a mix of remote and in-office volunteering and training. Volunteer Advisers can either work in the office or remotely. Volunteer Advisers typically volunteer around one day a week or two half days a week. Initially, we will ask if you are able to come into the office for at least one session a week, and training will be office based. We are always open to discussing individual circumstances and needs.
- Application deadline is 9am, Thursday 7th July 2022
When do I need to be available?
|Details||This role can be for half a day a week or one day a week, days flexible.|
Where does this role take place?
Tisbury Road offices, Hove Town Hall
- Civic Responsibility and Communities
- Employment, Education and Training
- Homeless and Housing
- Older People
- Womens Issues
- Administration and Office
- Advice and Information
- Supporting Charities
- Teaching and Training
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities