Pregnancy Options Centre, Chichester
Options are looking for a volunteer Treasurer to support the work of the charity. The role will involve working with the CEO and The Board of Trustees on the charity’s financial matters, including:
- Overseeing, approving and presenting budgets, accounts and financial statements
- Being assured that the financial resources of the organisation meet its present and future needs
- Preparing and presenting financial reports to the board at quarterly meetings
- Ensuring that the accounts are prepared and disclosed in the form required by funders and the relevant statutory bodies, for example the Charity Commission
- Liaising with an independent examiner to complete the charity’s annual accounts
- Ensuring that full financial records are kept for all transactions, and that proper financial procedures and controls are in place
- Managing payroll, the pension scheme, staff payslips and Gift Aid claims
- Internet Banking, including setting up payments for salaries, expenses and in.
We are looking for someone with relevant experience in financing or bookkeeping, who supports the ethos of the charity. It would be desirable for the volunteer to have knowledge in payroll, accounting packages or charity finance/sector.
This role will give you the opportunity to support a small but vital charity working within the local community. You will be able to build your own skill set in finance as well as gain knowledge of the charity sector. Options gladly offers all volunteers the chance to build upon their own continued professional development (CPD), so training to help you in this role can be discussed. All reasonable expenses will be covered.
Average 15-20 hours per month
When do I need to be available?
|Details||The CEO works Weds-Friday and Trustee meetings, which the treasurer will attend quarterly are usually on Wednesday evenings.|
- Fundraising and Finance
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities