Volunteer Administration Assistant
Brighton Oasis Project
This is a great opportunity for someone wanting to expand their knowledge and gain experience in the voluntary sector around working with women, children and families. You will be part of the reception and admin team in Brighton and will support all areas of the service giving you experience of working with children and young people as well as adults. You will also undertake a wide variety of tasks to give you a thorough introduction to office work. These will include:
- reception duties,
- making appointments,
- maintaining data systems,
- taking minutes at meetings,
- ordering and monitoring supplies,
- facilities management,
- playing with children in our creche,
- following up on referrals by liaising with social workers
- and supporting the Administration Manager with HR and health and safety.
You will be able to work as part of a team whilst demonstrating an ability to be pro-active and use your own initiative and creativity.
You will have:
- An interest in health and social work;
- Knowledge of the key issues facing substance misusers, in particular female substance misusers;
- A resilient attitude and ability to work in a way that is reflective, adaptable and non-judgemental and able to adhere to professional boundaries at all times;
- Some understanding of confidentiality procedures and data protection guidelines; although training will be provided in the first few weeks;
- Ability to work calmly in busy, challenging environment;
- Good organisational skills and able to use the time available effectively;
- Experience of using Microsoft Office.
- Full training on substance misuse, confidentiality, health and safety, data protection and safeguarding. practices as well as understanding what it means to offer a trauma informed service.
- Valuable work experience in admin as well as health and social care.
- A friendly and supportive working environment.
A minimum one day a week for 6 months is required.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Closing date for applications is 9am on Fri 15th April. Interviews will take place week commencing 25 April 2022. They will take place in Brighton. Application is by application form only, please do not send a CV as this will not be accepted as an application.|
Where does this role take place?
3 Morley Street
- Womens Issues
- Administration and Office
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities