Volunteer Vaccination Steward/Marshall
Here (Care Unbound)
Help is still needed in supporting the National Vaccination Programme in Sussex.
We need friendly volunteers to support staff and the general public at Brighton Racecourse Vaccination Centre and the additional 2 Mobile Vaccination Units now going out into the community.
(Please be aware that due to the current high volume of registrations being processed, there may be a delay in the organisation responding.)
Key Tasks (what you will be doing):
- Meeting and greeting the general public.
- To signpost and guide members of the public where to go inside the building.
- Providing extra support or signposting if anyone needs additional support.
- Liaising with staff and other volunteers to ensure a smooth operation.
Boundaries (what you will not be doing):
- No clinical advice or medical advice.
- No lifting of heavy equipment.
- No tasks outside this role description.
- No involvement in administering vaccines.
You will need to be able to:
- maintain confidentiality at all times,
- be comfortable communicating while wearing a face-mask,
- keep good time-keeping and show regular commitment.
- To be part of the national vaccination programme for Covid-19.
- Supporting our community health initiative.
- Being part of an efficient, friendly and supportive team that works together to get things done.
Brighton Race Course. The venue is fully accessible, and parking is available if required.
Mobile Vaccination Units, (MVU) - recent locations Brunswick Square, St Peter's Church, Peacehaven, but may be deployed to other locations.
Shifts: Volunteers will be offered shifts for both the Racecourse and the MVU's.
Pre-placement checks, training and support:
- You will need to complete a self-declaration and sign a volunteer agreement.
- You will receive a local induction and orientation. This will include any training that is relevant to perform your tasks.
- Travel expenses will be reimbursed - please note this may not be the on the same day.
- Tea and coffee will be available.
- You will have a named person for contact.
- You will need to wear a face mask whilst volunteering.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||There will be a choice of 3 shifts available: 8am-12pm, 12-4pm, 4-8pm. Volunteers will be offered shifts for both Brighton Racecourse and the Mobile Vaccination Units.|
Where does this role take place?
Brighton Race Course
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
On site with manager
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities
Minimal due to the needs of the role.