Volunteer Welfare Rights Adviser - Brighton
Terrence Higgins Trust
Are you interested in learning about the Benefit System and helping people living with HIV understand their Welfare Rights?
Then this might be the role for you. You will receive the necessary training to assist you in performing this role, as well as in-house Induction and Data Protection training.
- An interest or experience in advocacy, advice and justice.
- An interest in understanding physical and mental health problems that affect people living with HIV.
- An understanding of the benefits system.
- Ability to work as part of a team but to be self-motivated in day to day work.
- Ability to work to time scales.
- Full training provided.
- Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses where possible.
- References given subject to Terrence Higgins Trust policy.
Volunteer 1 day per week.
When do I need to be available?
Where does this role take place?
61 Ship Street
- Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transgender
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities