Volunteer with bookkeeping experience
East Sussex Association of Blind and Partially Sighted People
We run several monthly social groups in the Brighton and Hove area for blind and partially sighted people. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a volunteer with bookkeeping experience to help these social groups manage their finances.
Responsible to the Brighton and Hove Area Coordinator, this post can be home based or in our Hove office.
Examples of tasks:
- To be responsible for ESAB social group finances by ensuring adequate accounts and records exist.
- To maintain up to date records of social group transactions, income and expenditure.
- To pay invoices promptly by cheque or electronic banking.
- Able to deal with accounting correspondence if necessary.
- To monitor and report on the financial health of the social group funds
- Computer literate. Able to use Excel
- Have knowledge of using and producing accounting spreadsheets.
- Good communication skills
- Methodical attitude
To be part of a friendly volunteer team supporting local blind and partially sighted people.
Vision Awareness Training
Using your skills and expertise to benefit the local community
This is a flexible position and can be worked from home or from our accessible office in Hove Park Villas, Hove (located behind Hove station)
Hours worked are flexible and negotiable 5-8 hours a month.
When do I need to be available?
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer