Volunteer with the Food Access Service
Impact Initiatives - Food Access Support
Be on hand to shine like a superstar in people’s hour of need
Could you volunteer with our Food Access Project to help with urgent food delivery for people who cannot get to the shops themselves?
We would love to hear from you if you can give up no more than a few hours on an ad hoc basis to assist people in need.
If you let us know your availability we will contact you when a food need arises. You will typically receive a shopping list and carry out the shopping and take it to the person or family.
Moving forward, we will also be asking volunteers to accompany people who have been isolating for some time and need support and encouragement to regain independence and confidence to start shopping for themselves again.
We will provide training and pay travel expenses.
• Kind, understanding and respectful when supporting others within the community
• Have a general understanding of the complex needs of vulnerable people. For example, people with mobility issues or mental health conditions.
• Have the potential to deal effectively with challenging behaviour.
• Able to offer person centred support, which is tailored to a service user’s individual needs.
• Able to work with the guidance of the Food Access Support team.
• Willing to provide a flexible approach to support, given the unpredictable nature of the service.
• Committed to working in line with equality, diversity and equal opportunities policies.
- Feel good about meeting the immediate food needs of families and people as they arise.
- Get full support and training for the role.
- Be part of a team of people who care.
- We can pay for all your transport needs whether you are using public transport or your own car.
- We have volunteers on bicycles but this can be a challenge if it's a bigger shop.
- We will organise a DBS check for you.
- We are on hand to support you throughout your role as a volunteer.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||If you let us know when you are available during the week, we will contact you if and when the need arises. We are grateful for any time you have to spare and fully appreciate that other things may come along and that you might not always be available at short notice.|
Where does this role take place?
19 Queens Road
- Community Food
- General Helping
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities