Social Media Volunteer
Open Strings Music
Open Strings Music (OSM) is Brighton and Hove’s specialist community music service for adults of all abilities. We are a social enterprise which has been running community music projects in the city and beyond since 2013. We offer participatory music as a tool for engagement in a variety of community-based settings: for mental health, with older people, with people with learning disabilities, and with people with dementia and their carers.
We are recruiting a volunteer to manage our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages: the primary tasks are increasing reach and adding new content, so that we can let more people know about our various projects and services.
We often work remotely so this volunteer will be required to work primarily from home, with mutually-agreed meetings with OSM staff.
- experienced in using social media
- meeting deadlines
- being able to work with minimal supervision
- having an interest in the work of Open Strings Music and the groups we work with
- good communication skills
- creating and implementing a social media strategy
- working efficiently and adhering to timescales
- liaising with OSM staff
- attending briefing meetings (up to one per month)
- adhering to OSM’s policies
Benefits to the volunteer
1: an opportunity to work within the rapidly-growing field of music for wellbeing
2: being part of a small and vibrant team working in the arts
3: having their skills highly appreciated!
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We play together weekly from 9:30-11:30am. Ideally a volunteer would be able to attend every week but if this isn\'t possible, fortnightly would be acceptable if pre-arranged.|
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Appropriate for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BME, Women only)
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer