Volunteer Worthing Mencap
Worthing Mencap helps people with learning disabilities lead full and independent lives. We support people who live in Worthing, Adur and Arun.
We are an active, progressive charity - championing the rights of people with learning disabilities and their families and providing them with support. From our premises in South Farm Road, Worthing, we run an advice and information drop-in, a successful charity shop, and various clubs, activities and services. We also run Buddys Coffee Shop which provides work based training for students with learning disabilities.
We have many opportunities available to join our fantastic volunteer team:
- Mentoring a trainee in the coffee shop
- Running 1 to 1 baking sessions
- Helping in our Charity Shop
- Supporting community and fundraising events
- Supporting our social activities.
We are looking for people who are passionate about helping people with learning disabilities to fulfil their potential.
- Increase your confidence.
- Meet new people.
- Sense of achievement.
- Worthing Mencap premises are on a bus route - No. 16 - and a 10 minute walk from Worthing station.
- There is free on street parking in the side streets.
- Various shifts available.
When do I need to be available?
Where does this role take place?
121 South Farm Road
- Learning Disabilities
- General Helping
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities