Volunteers for kids running events
Marathon Kids UK
Marathon Kids UK is on the lookout for enthusiastic, energetic individuals to join us as the new generation of Volunteers as we look to inspire the nation’s children and their families to develop a passion for exercise and well-being.
We are now recruiting for people to help us in Victoria Park, Worthing OR Easthill Park Portslade.
As a Marathon Kids UK volunteer, you will form part of a team of community superheroes.
You will attend park events in your local community and assist the Race Director in providing a fun, safe, and inspiring session for children.
The role requires you to motivate families to become physically active by leading them in activities such as warm-up games, relay races, and an endurance lap challenge.
The role requires only one hour per week of volunteering. You will be required to report to your event's Race Director and attend a one-hour online training webinar. To assist you on the day, you will be provided with free first aid training and safeguarding certification.
- Help and support race director at weekly community events
- Motivate and encourage all participants
- Work closely with other volunteers in the team
- Support race director to advertise weekly events to the community
- Be involved in community WhatsApp group
- Be proactive on community FB group page
- Complete first aid training and safeguarding certification
Want to know more? Click the REGISTER YOUR INTEREST button and fill in your details. We'll get in touch for a chat.
You don't need to have any specific skills or experience. Just lots of enthusiasm and an interest in getting children out exercising.
This is a great way to
- make a difference to local children and their well being.
- meet new people and make new friends.
- gain experience.
When do I need to be available?
Where does this role take place?
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities