Volunteers for The Grand Brighton Half Marathon 2020
The Sussex Beacon
The Grand Brighton Half Marathon 2020 is the flagship fundraising event for The Sussex Beacon and will be held on Sunday 23rd February, 2020 will mark the 30th anniversary of the event.
The volunteer opportunities available are as follows:
- Course marshalling, helping cheer on the runners whilst keeping them safe!
- Baggage - helping keep the runners baggage organised on Madeira Drive.
- Finish Line Fulfilment - Handing out Medals, Water, Fruit and other goodies!
- Happy to Help - Helping runners and spectators on race day with where things are located and any other general information they may require. (Briefing given prior).
We would also appreciate any help on Saturday 22nd February which will be unpacking medals and other finish line products ready to hand out on race day!
You don't need any experience to get involved with this event. We heavily rely on the kindness and generosity of our volunteers to help us run the event. The finish line & baggage roles are very straight forward but also crucial to the event.
If you have any experience in course marshalling, it would be great to let us know, alternatively if you are involved in any running/athletics club who have the knowledge and understanding of what is needed and expected for the runners on the course.
- Sense of community, working as a team, involved in a large outdoor event.
- Supporting The Sussex Beacon with their flagship fundraising event.
- Meeting lots of new people.
- Learning new Skills.
- Team building.
- Being involved biggest Half Marathon in South coast of England!
- Timings - Some of the roles are an early start from 7.45/8.30 but all roles are usually completed at 2pm.
- Travel - Travelling into Brighton on Race Day with some road closures should be considered ahead of the day.
When do I need to be available?
Where does this role take place?
- Fitness and Sport
- Health and Social Care
- Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transgender
- Mental Health
- Substance Misuses and Addiction
- One-off Activity
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
**with a guardian
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer