Volunteers for The Grand Brighton Half Marathon 2022
The Sussex Beacon
Would you like to volunteer for a fun and exciting event? Then the Brighton Half Marathon might be just the thing for you!
The Grand Brighton Half Marathon 2022 is the flagship fundraising event for The Sussex Beacon and will be held on Sunday 27th February 2022.
The volunteer opportunities available are as follows:
- Course marshalling, helping cheer on the runners whilst keeping them safe!
- Baggage - helping keep the runners baggage organised on Madeira Drive.
- Finish Line Fulfilment - Handing out Medals, Water, Fruit and other goodies!
- Happy to Help - Helping runners and spectators on race day with where things are located and any other general information they may require. (Briefing given prior).
You don't need any experience to get involved with this event. We heavily rely on the kindness and generosity of our volunteers to help us run the event. The finish line & baggage roles are very straight forward but also crucial to the event.
If you have any experience in course marshalling, it would be great to let us know, alternatively if you are involved in any running/athletics club who have the knowledge and understanding of what is needed and expected for the runners on the course.
- Sense of community, working as a team, involved in a large outdoor event.
- Supporting The Sussex Beacon with their flagship fundraising event.
- Meeting lots of new people.
- Learning new Skills.
- Team building.
- Being involved biggest Half Marathon in South coast of England!
- Timings - Some of the roles are an early start from 7.45/8.30 but all roles are usually completed at 2 pm.
- Travel - Travelling into Brighton on Race Day with some road closures should be considered ahead of the day.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||The Brighton Half Marathon is a one off event which begins on approx. 7.45 am on Sunday 27th February 2022 and will be finished by 2.00pm. Saturday 26th February 2022 we will need volunteers that would help set up the Team Beacon station before the marathon, form approx. 11am - 4pm.|
Where does this role take place?
- Fitness and Sport
- Health and Social Care
- Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transgender
- Mental Health
- Substance Misuses and Addiction
- One-off Activity
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
**with a guardian
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer