Volunteer Newsletter Deliverers
The Trust for Developing Communities (TDC)
Due East needs volunteer Newsletter Deliverers for the area of Whitehawk, Bristol Estate and Manor Farm approximately 3 times a year
We are looking for volunteers to deliver the local Due East Newsletter to their street or block of flats or if you could help with more than one street, this too would be welcomed.
The newsletter contains information that will help residents access essential services and support, as well as localised information. This will make a real difference to people who may not have access to the internet or are isolated. The newsletter is put together by Due East a voluntary and charitable Organisation based in East Brighton.
Volunteers will need to be able to commit to a specific date they are able to deliver.
- Communicate with Newsletter Co-Ordinators from the Due East Trustees with support workers from The Trust for Developing Communities, before and after deliveries are complete.
- Ensure that the newsletters are delivered to the agreed addresses within a specific time frame.
Skills: Positivity, reliability, and enjoy walking and meeting people.
- Good way to learn about an area
- Health benefits in walking
- Helping a local community to connect together and share activities and experiences.
Be able to walk in some instances upstairs or hilly streets or areas.
Lots of on street parking so easy to access area.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||3 times a year. Discuss with the organisation.|
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
To be negotiated with Trustees, some petrol expenses may be negotiated
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities