Walking Cricket and Sporting Memories in Sussex
Sussex Cricket Foundation
We are looking for volunteers with an interest in Cricket / Sport to provide support at both our Walking Cricket Clubs and our Sporting Memories sessions across Sussex.
- Walking Cricket - Aimed at aged 55+ we offer a fun and friendly environment to take part in Cricket but at a slower pace. A great way to get some exercise whilst meeting new people and having fun.
Hove Thursdays 1-2.30pm, Chichester Tuesdays 12-1pm, Crawley Tuesdays 11.30-12.30pm, East Grinstead Wednesdays 12.15-1.15 and Littlehampton Wednesdays 1.30-2.30pm
- Sporting Memories - Open to anyone over 50 who enjoys reminiscing about their experiences of either watching or playing sport. The clubs are friendly, welcoming and open to all. There are activities throughout the session which encourage everyone to share their common interests and a love of sport.
Hove Tuesdays 10-11.30am, Bexhill Mondays 10.00-11.30, Polegate Wednesdays 10.00-11.30, Crawley Thursdays 10.30-12.00, Worthing Thursdays 10.00-11.30.
We would like the volunteers at these sessions to help provide a fun and relaxed environment and any experience of helping run a social group would be a bonus but not essential. The people who attend these sessions each week really look forward to them so reliability is very important.
- Have fun and meet new people.
- The potential to take over and run the sessions in the future for those who would be interested in this.
- Help support the Sussex Cricket Foundation (the charitable arm of Sussex Cricket) provide sporting opportunities across Sussex and attend our night for volunteers held at the County Ground in September.
Transport to the location and parking.
Midweek, daytime availability.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Please see description above for locations, times and dates.|
This could be discussed on an individual case by case basis
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
There will be a leader who currently runs the sessions.
- This role is adaptable for different abilities