Ward Helper - Bognor Regis War Memorial Hospital
Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust - Worthing and Adur
To support ward staff with non-clinical tasks on Intermediate Care Wards. To help promote patient experience and well-being.
- To chat with patients and provide companionship.
- Support patients to complete Friends, Families surveys, if required.
- Support patients to complete menus, if required.
- To support team with giving out meal trays to identified patients during mealtimes & when there is a return. to a dining room service to ‘lay tables’ prior to meals.
- Help Health Care Assistance in giving patients cups of tea and coffee from the ‘Tea Trolley’.
- To play games; only those which can be wiped down easily with detergent wipes (not including cards).
- To support patients with dementia, and patients with a possible diagnosis of dementia in engaging with ‘Reminiscence’ activities.
- Good communicator, especially with older people.
- Outgoing and friendly.
- Team player.
- Organised and reliable.
- Meeting people
- Developing skills
- Helping others in your community.
The role is based a Bognor Regis War Memorial Hospital.
Travel expenses can be claimed.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Once a week for approx 2 hours|
Where does this role take place?
Bognor Regis War Memorial Hospital
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities