WaterAid Volunteer Speaker
WaterAid Speakers are trained volunteers that deliver inspiring talks and workshops, across the UK, to raise awareness about the importance of clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene (WASH), to transform peoples’ lives for good. Our Speaker volunteers engage people about the important work of WaterAid, inspiring them to take action, as they speak with schools, universities, businesses, youth groups, religious places of worship, service organisations, and many more community groups. To find out the kinds of things Speakers talk about, watch this 1 minute video https://youtu.be/3UQJFk8l7A4 and this 4 minute video https://youtu.be/wF_HlgnWEwU .
- A commitment to raise awareness about the importance of clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene and to engage people in the work of WaterAid, inspiring them to take action in support of our work.
- An interest in the work of WaterAid, including our key messages, appeals, campaigns, fundraising and volunteering.
- Passion and enthusiasm for public speaking and confidence to speak publicly to a diverse range of community groups.
- Good availability to volunteer 4 times a year, potentially for morning school assembly talks, mid -day educational workshops, evening and weekend talks.
- Competent in using PowerPoint and email.
- Able to travel locally.
- A sense of personal achievement through volunteering locally, for an established international charity, helping to tackle extreme poverty and transform people’s lives for good.
- Becoming part of an influential, UK-wide volunteering network of over 250 Speaker volunteers, reaching around 50,000 people a year with important messages about international development.
- An opportunity to learn from sector specialists, about international development and global issues around water, sanitation and hygiene.
- With our Speaker training, develop your public speaking skills and confidence
- Use our PowerPoint
and audio-visual presentation resources and
- Varied presenting opportunities
- A personal Speaker Mentor to support your ongoing development as a Speaker.
- Regular support from the small and friendly WaterAid Speaker Network team, including support via email, phone and face to face in the London office.
- Reasonable expenses for travel to training, talks and workshops.
- Invitations to Supporter Thank You events across the UK.
If you are interested in becoming a WaterAid Speaker, here are the next steps:
- Register your interest in volunteering for the Speaker Network by clicking on the Register Your Interest button.
- You will be emailed the application form to complete and
return to WaterAid.
- Undertake a 25-minute phone interview.
- If successful, complete our Speaker training course.
- Give talks for WaterAid and receive support from the WaterAid Team.
If you have any queries you can email us at email@example.com .
When do I need to be available?
- Black and Minority Ethnic Communities
- Civic Responsibility and Communities
- Emergency Response
- Health and Social Care
- International Development and Cooperation
- Womens Issues
- Young People
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities
Either Online training or face to face training at our London Office